What happens…. At the surgery
- Confirm your arrival, either with the receptionist or using the touch-screen provided.
- Take a seat in the waiting room and wait for your name to be called.
- In your consultation the doctor or nurse will ask questions about your illness; try to answer as fully as possible.
- The doctor or nurse may need to do some tests i.e. urine test or blood test and in some instances you might have to come back for these on a different day.
- If a doctor feels that more needs to be found out about your symptoms and condition s/he may refer you to see a specialist (consultant) at the hospital.
- If you are unsure of something that the doctor or nurse is asking or telling you don’t be afraid to ask them to explain in more detail or in another way.